Thursday, April 1, 2010

"I am the toilet-man McDonald's"



Bonn - It is always a blast. Dave Davis alias Motombo Umbokko stands as "Klomann of McDonald's" on stage.
He spoke broken in a German-African gibberish about "Kakka" or "Angelina Merkel" to strip off his blue cap, and then suddenly einzuquatschen deepest Bavarian beer tent on the audience.
 It depends on so well that Davis has become the shooting star of the German comedy scene. The company "Brain Pool", which also belongs to Stefan Raab, recognized this early on and took the comedian under contract. Well: Dave Davis lives in Bonn!
"My parents are from Uganda," he says in the "Midi" at the main place to EXPRESS. "I was born 36 years ago in Porz, and I have been living for several years in Kessenich." Whoever thought a hard childhood, accompanied by open or hidden racism - the mistaken.
"I had a happy childhood, because I speak the language. This is the most important thing: You have to know German. "
His comic talent, he has discovered about detours: "I started as a musician, I wanted to be sure, a pop star." With his band "3st" he went on even as the opening act of the Backstreet Boys and N'Sync in Biskuithalle. But the big breakthrough, it was not enough.
Who now stands before a comedy King immediately. Dave Davis is currently touring with the ensemble of Knacki Deus "Nightwash" through the country: "The unusually trains.
And he always makes the same experience again, "People do not know how to speak to me. Colorful, I think that's conceited, then yes you white Colorless Worth. No, I'm a black man. The end. "Only one mistake he can not even hear:" Please do not say Bruce Darnell to me. "